320 W Brown Deer RDBayside, WI 53217
1. Beets fight cancer. Studies show beet juice inhibits the formation of cancer-causing compounds, particularly in the colon and stomach.
2. They prevent heart and vascular diseases. Beet greens and roots contain the phytochemical betacyanin, which reduces levels of the homocysteine, an amino acid related to heart and vascular diseases. Plus, compounds in beets dissolve inorganic calcium deposits that cause arteries to harden.
3. Beets guard against Alzheimer's and dementia. Nitrates in beets open the blood vessels and increase blood flow to the brain, which can help prevent cognitive disorders in older adults.
4. They keep you regular, intestinally speaking.
5. Beets are good for your eyes. The lutein and zeaxanthin in beets support macular and retinal health.
6. They help to prevent varicose veins.
7. They help lower blood pressure — and prevent clotting and inflammation.
8. Beet juice treats dandruff: Put beet juice (mixed with a splash of vinegar) on your scalp for an hour.
9. They help you exercise longer. Researchers at the University of Exeter in the U.K. published a study in theJournal of Applied Physiology (Aug. 6, 2010), reporting that a nitrate in beet juice increases stamina and makes exercise less tiring, allowing people to exercise 16 percent longer.
10. Beets are good for your skin. Beets contain vitamin A, which maintains healthy skin and mucus membranes as well as protects against lung and mouth cancers.
11. They counter the effects of environmental toxins and fight anemia. Antioxidants clear free radicals and iron regenerates red blood cells to supply fresh oxygen to the body.
12. Beet juice can detoxify the liver, gall bladder and kidneys. Choline in beets cleans the liver — and coupled with carrot juice cleans the gall bladder and kidney — and can alleviate jaundice, hepatitis, food poisoning, diarrhea or vomiting and gout.
13. They're packed with vitamins and minerals: vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and C, choline, folic acid, iodine, manganese, organic sodium, potassium, iron, calcium, copper and phosphorus.
People always lament that the tasty things are the worst things for our health–case in point: French fries. But how about pecans? Yum! Pecans have shown to significantly lower LDL cholesterol and increase HDL. Frequent consumption of nuts is associated with a lowered risk of sudden cardiac death and other coronary heart disease, as well as a lower risk of Type II diabetes in women.
"Julie made me come in! Just kidding, I have been experiencing and dealing with back pain for 13 years. I tried physical therapy and still experienced sharp pains down my right leg. At one point it would take me a few minutes to even walk again.Since I have been on care, I have noticed that my back doesn't hurt as much and my neck feels much better. I also noticed that I have fewer migraines as well. I love the office staff, knowing that my life and health are better because of it. Thank you both for bettering my life! Two thumbs up! Thanks again for "cracking me up!"
Receive a Free Spinal Examination Today.Click below for details.
Interactive 3D Education.Subluxation, Degeneration and Nervous System Interference.
Turn by Turn DirectionsWe make it easy for you to find us with google maps.
Terms Site Map